Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween And All That Drivel

Well here it is. The end of October.

Earlier this month, I set a goal for this blog. I wanted to post something everyday. It was a simple goal. But this goal was doomed to fail from the start since I didn't think of it until the second of October. And so I altered it to posting 31 times before the end of the month. One post for each day in October. Alas, I have not met this goal. As I'm writing this, I only have 20 posts (not including this one). But you know what? I still think that's pretty good and I'll just try again next month.

October is usually my favorite month. And not just because of my birthday (though that is no small part of it). It's when the leaves start to change and the air gets crisp. The weather is constantly in flux. You never know what the next day will bring. Rain? Snow? A random, unwanted heatwave? October is deliciously unpredictable. And it smells amazing.

But this October has not been kind to me and I'm not sorry to see it go. I'm ready for November.




No comments:

Post a Comment