Thursday, November 1, 2012

Phillip

Yesterday I found a nickel. It was probably the highlight of my Halloween. And it led me down a winding path that ended with me watching episodes of The Fairly Oddparents at one o'clock in the morning.

When you find a penny, it means you'll have luck all day. When you find a dine, it means a dead person is trying to talk to you. What does it mean when you find a nickel? According to a cursory survey of the internet, it means nothing. Except that you might watch cartoons from your childhood late into the night and end up with a serious case of nostalgia. (Did you know that they are still making this show? It's in its 9th season.)

But man I wish finding that nickel had meant luck was in store for me because I really needed it yesterday. I was late to my first class (in which we not one, but two tests), I was dropping things all over the place (and almost broke a lot of glass), I cut my hand on something (still not sure how or where that happened). All of this happened before noon.

And today has started off to be not much different. Stupid nickel.




1 comment: