Friday, October 5, 2012

Sultry, Snowy Birthdays

As you may or may not be aware, October 5th is my birthday. I mentioned earlier that I always dress up for my birthday. This year was different some how. I just wasn't in the mood to look fancy. Maybe because this year has not been such a good one. Maybe because it was just too freaking cold out to wear a dress. Last year it was 80 degrees on my birthday. But there have been years where it has snowed. I was just feeling down today. So after I spent an hour curling my hair, I put on my favorite pair of jeans and a t-shirt and called it good. But then my dear mother (love you mum!) made my day when I went to visit her at work. She was just so happy to see me, I couldn't help but feel better. And then she went on to spoil me this year and gifted me the following items:






This wine glass with rainbow stripes. I have dubbed him Marco, The Celebration Glass. Originally I was going to call him Little Marvin. But I think I like Marco better. I now realize how silly this picture is since there no liquid in the glass. Trust me though, Marco will be used for his intended purpose very soon. 






For a long time now, this book has been on my list. And now that I own a copy, I have no more excuses not to read it. I've been told, however, to avoid the movie. I think I'll heed this advice and just stick with the book. 










This totally awesome wallet and amazing purse. They do not coordinate with each other at all, but that just makes me love them more. I love mixing things that don't match. It makes life interestingly chaotic.






This totally awesome photo frame. It looks like film! How could you not love it? And yes, those are pictures of me in there. I just stuck some old senior photos I had lying around in it for demonstration purposes only.












You can't really tell from the photo, but that is vintage copy of Jane Eyre. I love it so very, very much. Jane Eyre is one of my all-time favorite novels. I already own another copy, but this one is deliciously vintage. And it smells amazing!
.



 This fascinatingly shaped vase. Not sure if I like how this photo turned out. I look a little too in love with the thing. I'm mean it's totally cool, but it's not that cool. But I'm way too lazy to go and try take a better picture. So I'll just look like a crazy lady who's in love with a red vase on the internet. Ah, well.











This totally kickass mini suitcase. Yeah I know it's meant for a small child and, no, I don't care. It has a freaking elephant sneezing a freaking rainbow. How could I not freaking love it?














And finally this awesome vintage fan. It's old. It's working. And it's probably very dangerous.  But I love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment