Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Unnamed Segment

Still don't have a name for this. I keep waiting for one to just come to me, but it's not working. 

Anywho, this is a poem I wrote years and years ago. I was just trying to describe myself and how I can never seem to find the middle. I'm always one or the other. No balance. No happy medium. Now it kinda reminds me of that song "Bitch" by Meredith Brooks. Love that video by the way. Classic 90's.


Range
Cynical when necessary
Optimistic if possible
Dreamy when I feel like it
But forever thinking logical
Justice in my heart
Fantasies in my head
And a hungry curiosity
That demands to be fed
Tense in the morning
Gracious by the noon
Relaxed in the evening
Knowing night is coming soon
Perfection when I want it
Or rebellion if it’s right
A peaceful nature always
Until I want to fight
Quiet and contemplative
Obnoxious and loud
Humble and forgiving
Resentful and proud
A realist but a dreamer
When the day eventually ends
Who I’ll be tomorrow
Well, that all depends
By Jamie Rueckert 



No comments:

Post a Comment