Thursday, November 15, 2012

Viewing Habits

I watched a number of shows and movies today (and by 'today' I now mean yesterday because I started writing this at 11:30 pm and did not finish before it became tomorrow) because I found that I had time on my hands. I will list them for you now:

1. New Girl


The first time I watched "New Girl," I was in love. This show is just fantastic. Exactly my kind of humor. Quirky, delightful, and sometimes a little perplexing. It has cemented my love for Zooey Deschanel (i do admire her so. especially her hair. i wish i had hair like hers) and led me to the wonderful discovery of the splendidness that is Jake Johnson. Today I watched the latest episode on Hulu and for 22 glorious minutes I forgot about my own problems and reveled in theirs. 

Side effect:


I have found that I get oddly chatty (and a little confrontational) after watching "New Girl" for an extended period of time. The characters in this show that that effect on me. Especially the character of Jess. She is so in-your-face with her unapologetic quirkiness and her amazing wardrobe. Her confidence and enthusiasm is infectious. Each character in this show has an odd form of charisma that just gets to me. 

2. Much Ado About Nothing


More specifically, a stage version starring David Tennant and Catherine Tate. This is one of my favorite bits of Shakespeare. I love the characters of Benedict and Beatrice, but then who doesn't? I watched Kenneth Branagh's movie version of the play over the summer and adored it. But this is David Tennant and Catherine Tate here. How could I not love it more? It is spectacular. 

Side effect:


It made me want to rewatch Hamlet. More specifically, the TV movie version starring David Tennant and Patrick Stewart. These two men are perfection. PBS has the entire thing on their website. If you feel inclined to see it for yourself, I suggest clicking here.

3. Supernatural


Episode 7 of season 8 aired tonight on the CW. I made a calendar appointment for it. I did not want to miss it. The character of Cas is finally coming back and I just couldn't wait to see how that would go down. And so, at precisely five to eight, I turned on my little telly. But the television gods were not with me tonight. My poor old television is on the fritz. The sound comes in just great. But the lack of picture leaves much to be desired. For a brief moment I actually considered just listening to the show before finally giving up.

Side effect:


And so now I must wait. Wait until tomorrow when the episode will be available for viewing on Hulu. I am greatly saddened by this turn of events.

4. The Avengers 


I feel like I'm one of the last people in the country (or at least on the internet) that hasn't seen this movie. I couldn't take it anymore. I had to see it and I could not wait any longer. 

Side effect:


I will be up until the small hours of the morning watching this. But that's ok. My 7:30 am class is canceled tomorrow and I don't have to be anywhere until 10. I feel justified in my decision.




2 comments:

  1. I say consider yourself lucky that the Hulu delay is only one day; for many shows, it's 8 days or longer :(

    ReplyDelete