Friday, November 2, 2012

Because I'm Lazy

Yeah, I couldn't think of anything to post today. And I didn't want to give up my little goal so soon. So I'm copping out. I'm just going to post another poem right away. In a still yet to be named 'segment' of my blog:

This is poem a I wrote in my 'angsty teenager' phase. This is a common phase. Or at least if I'm to believe the movies it is. At that time I enjoyed writing rather cheerless, if somewhat cliche, poetry, much like many of my peers.

Crazier Than the Rest
Don't worry my love
It happens to the best of us
The new pieces you are given don't fit
And you lose the game before you had a chance to begin
Ah, the game!
That is what this is all about
The game that is impossible to win
But we toss our hats in the ring every time
The players you know
The players you don't know
The times when you were skipped over
The turns you didn't take when you had the chance
All of this culminates to create the venture they call life
Don't worry love
It happens to everyone
It just hurts you more than it should
For you, my dear, you are crazier than the rest
By Jamie Rueckert 



2 comments: