Wednesday, November 21, 2012

*Hyacinths and Biscuits*

The second installment of my poetry segment after it has been named! I'm still not totally in love with the name, but I'm going to leave it be for now. 

So this is another poem I wrote for a class last year. We were assigned to write a sonnet. This is what I came up with. I rather enjoy it despite it's somewhat cliché-ness and lame title.

And that's about all I have to say about it. So, without further ado, here it is:

Words Unsaid
This silence does not fit.
It's too big for this space.
I wish I had strength to kill it,
But I can't; it has your face.
I wish I could scream or cry,
But no tears will come.
I want to ask you why,
But can't seem to move my tongue.
You read my silence as denial,
And so you turn to leave.
I had the words all the while,
But it's too late to make you believe.
Now I'm kept awake by words unsaid,
As they rattle around in my head.
By Jamie Rueckert 



No comments:

Post a Comment