Saturday, December 22, 2012

*Hyacinths and Biscuits*

I mentioned several times in my last post how I kept finding all sorts of interesting, nostalgia laced things in my closet. These might not be that interesting, but they certainly reek of reminiscence to me. My poetry notebooks:

also, I was really into collages

Yes. I was that girl in high school. I carried these around with me everywhere, writing and doodling in them whenever we had nothing to do in class. Which was often. I won't even pretend that they are any good. There might be one or two that could be worth something (after a great deal of revising).

So this is one I found in my old notebooks. I don't know if it's any good or even salvageable. I'm a terrible judge of my own work. But as I reread it, I found that I still kinda like it. It's silly and pointless but fun.

Get Ready
The stars are aligned,
and fate is ready for the show.
Your karma is all set.
Are you ready to go? 
Destiny is waiting for you.
The 'meant to be' has arrived.
The horoscope is written.
Are you ready to take the dive? 
Chance has sent you a gift.
The fortune teller was right.
Your good luck is here
Are you ready to hold tight? 
Pulling order from the chaos,
it may be a truth or a lie.
But tonight is your night.
Are you ready to fly?
By Jamie Rueckert


No comments:

Post a Comment