Thursday, November 3, 2011

Librarian

Guess who got job at the library? This girl! I start today and I couldn't be more excited. It's like a dream job for me. In case you haven't noticed, I happen to adore books. I love reading them. I love holding them. I love organizing them. I love merely being near them.
Even when reading is impossible, the presence of books acquired produces such an ecstasy that the buying of more books than one can read is nothing less than the soul reaching towards infinity. We cherish books even if unread, their presence exudes comfort, their ready access reassurance.
- A. E. Newton
Oh, how I could wax lyrical about the beauty of books forever. Do you know what my dream workplace is? It looks a little like this:

The library at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland: my personal mecca

I feel with this new job of mine, I am taking the smallest of steps toward this literary  haven. Some think being a librarian is the world's most tedious occupation. For myself, it is a dream come true and I only pity those who do not understand the magic that libraries hold.
I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.
- Jorge Luis Borges

 

No comments:

Post a Comment