Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fluffy White Stuff

It snowed today. First of the season. I had heard a rumor of this happening yesterday. I was not overly excited about it. Snow signifies autumn, which happens to be my favorite season, is over and winter, which happens to last forever in South Dakota, is beginning. 
But when I saw the snow, I smiled. This morning when I looked out my window, I saw the world transformed. It's amazing that after so many years, the first snow never seems to lose it's magic. The world has been given a new coat of paint. All the mistakes that were so obvious and jarring before have now been cleaned away. A fresh slate has been offered to me. New beginnings coincide with a new season. 
Honestly though, this new found optimism is starting to get to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment