Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Just Going With It

English for New Media. What does this mean? Honestly, I'm not really sure. I like reading and writing. But I do not, under any circumstances, want to teach. Ever. So this major seemed like the best choice for me. But what does one do with a major in English for New Media?
I get asked this question every time I tell someone my major. I usually answer by saying I want to be a writer. And then the questioner asks what the 'new media' part means. And I really don't know what to say. I'll be using a computer? I'll blog a lot? Right now I'm just going with it.
But as I get closer to the end my time in college, I begin to worry. What am I going to do with a degree in English for New Media? I do not want to be one of those hipster baristas.
Lord, save me from that fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment