Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reflections and Projections

Well, here it is. 2012. Our last year on earth. On the positive side, if the world does end this year, there'll be no more student loans looming over my head.
But back in the real world.
Now is usually the time of year when one is called to both reflect and make plans for the future. I don't think I'll be doing either of those. 2011 is still quite fresh in my mind and as such, I have no desire to analyze all the alarming things that occurred within its 12 months. Oh I admit, there were a few moments that I am quite fond of. But the overall feeling of the year was one of panic and despondency. I can only hope that 2012 will bring something new to the table. Perhaps a little hope? But optimism was never my strong suit.
As for my plans for the future, those remain relatively unchanged. Continue with school and try not to die. I was never one for making new years resolutions as I can never seem to keep any of them. Much like whenever I was up to bat in softball, there was too much pressure and never enough follow through.
Now is also the time of year when people are making lists. From the top music videos to the top ten people not running for president, everybody has a list. So here is my list of the top five artists that I listened to the most this past year:
Florence + the Machine
Mumford and Sons
Shinedown
Mika
U2

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment