Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mono, Nathan Fillion, and Knitting

I've never had mono before but now I can cross that off my list. For the last three weeks or so I've been suffering all the classic symptoms. I have enjoyed absolutely none of it. The first doctor I saw about it actually told me that my throat looked horrific. That was the word she used. Horrific. I left feeling very reassured.

Anywho, I'm finally feeling better now, though I still get tired rather quickly. I've been doing a lot of sitting around, a lot of time watching television shows on the internet, and a lot of time stitching/knitting. So the silver lining here is me being able to cross off some things on my list. It's not a brilliant silver lining. Rather dull but hey it's all I have.

because it's a coat
that's brown
too precious for this world
First thing I crossed off was watching Firefly. I've been hearing for years how wonderful this show was and how awful FOX was for cancelling. I didn't understand, but now I do. This show was brilliant. Too brilliant. I officially consider myself a browncoat. Yes, I loved it that much. There is little I can say that hasn't already been said a thousand times over on a thousand different forums. The simple fact is it should have lasted. People are still asking for it to be renewed. But honestly, I think the time has passed for that to happen. Or at least the time has passed to do that with the original characters. The actors are ten years older now and working on different projects. At least Nathan Fillion is. I don't know about the others, but he's doing pretty well on Castle.

I want one
Which brings me to the next thing I crossed off: catch up on Castle. After watching the splendor that is Firefly, I found myself in need of more Nathan Fillion. So of course I turned to Castle. I started watching the show when it first came out and when I actually watched my favorite shows on a television at the regularly scheduled time. I got about halfway through the first season before I became distracted and forgot about it. And so I had quite a bit of catching up to do. But hey, I had the time. At the end of the day, the show is quite good. Over the last few years I've lost interest in cop shows but this one is delightfully different. The character of Castle is, in a word, awesome. I wish I could be a tenth as cool as him. Also, I freak out a little bit every time they make a Firefly reference. (happens more than I thought it would)

I see what you did there
And that's about it. Though, perhaps I'll add some pictures of the scarf I made and the cross stitch projects I finished before this entire thing becomes a Nathan Fillion appreciation post.

not the right season, but they were all I had left
stockinette stitch, bitch!




No comments:

Post a Comment