Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spoken vs. Written

There are certainly a great number people who are quite talented when it comes to the art of speaking. I am not when of these people.
When it comes to communicating with the world, generally, I hate talking but I love writing. I am much more witty when I write. When speaking to someone, I never seem to be able to find the words in the moment. Later, after I've had time think, I can usually come up a perfect response. Therein lies the problem. The written word is something I can perfect, speaking is not. I often fumble over words and repeat myself over and over until the point I was trying make becomes so muddled that I don't even know what I'm say. There is no backspace or delete button when talking. There is no eraser to fix the mistakes one makes when speaking.
And that is really all I have to say today, though this post has little to do with new media.

No comments:

Post a Comment